Raw Juice Ideas from Sunup to Sundown
Whether you’re juice fasting or just want to incorporate more raw juices into your day-to-day lifestyle, here are some juice combinations you can use in the morning, at lunch, and/or in the evening. These juices can absolutely take the place of your meal(s) or snacks. They can also just be a healthy beverage to enjoy along with your meal.
Awesome in the A.M.
1. Carrot-spinach: Toss in a 6 carrots and a handful of baby spinach leaves. This one should be called “A.M. Energizer”!
2. Strawberry-kiwi: A pint of strawberries and 2-4 kiwi makes a delicious drink.
3. Apple-grape: Throw in about 2 or 3 apples and 1 ¼ cups of grapes for a tasty morning treat.
4. Orange-grapefruit: Add one of each to your juicer (peeled) and enjoy when finished!
5. Pineapple: Chop and juice one pineapple. Delish!
By chugging on any of the above fruit juices of the morning, you’ll be sending living enzymes, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and other various nutrients racing through your blood stream. The enzymes will really get your digestion moving in the right direction—what a healthy way to start your day!
Lovely at Lunchtime
Not everyone has the luxury of a long lunch break. Some only get 15-30 minutes. What do you do in that amount of time? Have a juice! If you pre-prepare your veggies/fruits, all you have to do is pop them into the juicer, rinse out your machine, and guzzle down your lunch in a glass—awesome, huh?! And, if you do get to enjoy a more leisurely lunch time, just add any of the following juices to your choice of lunch.
1. Veggie combo: 2 celery stalks, 4 carrots, ½ beet. Yummy treat!
2. Carrot-spinach-celery: 6 carrots, 3 stalks of celery, handful of spinach. This one will charge you through the rest of the day!
3. Mixed veggie: 4 tomatoes, 6 carrots, 3 broccoli “trees”, 2 stalks of celery, few sprigs of parsley. Tons of nutritious delicioiusness!
4. Enjoy V8? Concoct your own! Add some tomatoes, celery, carrots, spinach leaves, kale, parsley, apple, etc., and drink up.
Perfect for the P.M.
1. Celery juice: This is superb to drink in the evening. Celery is such a nutritious snack and makes an excellent juicing veggie. Have trouble relaxing and/or falling asleep in the evening? Try celery juice! Put 6 celery stalks in your juicer. You can also add a whole cucumber.
2. Cucumber juice: Chop 4 cucumbers and juice them. If the peel has been waxed, do remove it. If it’s organic and not waxed, you can leave the peel on. You can add more cucumbers if you want more juice.
3. Tomato juice: You’ll need 3 to 3 ½ cups of tomatoes (chopped). You can also add a cucumber, 1 or 2 stalks of celery (with or without the leaves). Delightful!
4. Green juice: Combine a handful of kale, handful of spinach, 2-4 celery stalks, some parsley leaves, and/or any other green you like. You could also add a green apple! This one will pack a punch!
Like I said, you can drink any of these juices along with your meal, in the place of your snack, or your meal. You don’t have to worry about missing out on nutrition by skipping a meal or two. Add greens to your juice and you’ll be getting sufficient protein, besides all the other vitamins, minerals, amino acids, etc., the different fruits and vegetables contain. Listen to your body, increase the amount of raw juices you consume each day—or even each week. So get juicing in the a.m., afternoon, or p.m—from sunup to sundown!
You can mix and match any of the above ingredients. For instance, if you don’t like any of the recipes you can adjust them to your tastes by adding less of one ingredient and more of another, etc. I, personally, hardly ever follow a juice recipe to a T. I prefer to just add a bunch of this and a handful of that. Whatever I have on hand and feel like throwing in is what I end up juicing and drinking. Switch things up, have fun, and here’s to life, health, and healing with (raw) juices!
For more information on raw juices, please visit the following Raw People articles:
1. Raw Juice vs. Bottled
2. Raw, Real, Rewarding: Juice Fasting 101
3. Raw Juice Fasting Journey: Part 2
4. Raw Juice Fasting Journey: Part 3
5. Help: Juice Fasting is a Headache!
6. Juice Fasting Minus the Juice
7. Juicing—Without the Fasting
Copyright 2009 Michele L. Tune All Rights Reserved
Fruit, Vegetables: Suat Eman
These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. These products are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before starting ANY exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using these or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.