Raw, Real, Rewarding: Juice Fasting 101
Introduction to Raw Juice Fasting.
Do you feel unhealthy? Tired? Sick? Are you overweight? Out of shape?
Stressed to the max? Escape through a juice fast—a serene and healing journey…
What went wrong?
You’ve probably asked yourself this question. Maybe you’ve found yourself in a depressing situation. Perhaps you used to be a trim, fit, soccer player and now you gobble up fast food every day, while the pounds pack on. Some of you might have been voted “prettiest girl” in school and now you feel ugly, bloated, and sad. Are you the couch potato who lounges around in sloppy, torn clothes watching TV every spare minute you have? Don’t think you can leave that out-of-shape rut you’ve been living in? Think again!
How can I change?
No matter what state your health –or mind—is in at this point, you can change it. Even if you’re worn out, depressed, battling disease, or just feel yucky and out of shape, you can find healing to your mind and body with raw juice fasting.
Your body is literally dying without the living nutrition found in raw foods. By juicing raw fruits and vegetables, and combining the juices with not eating, you will be “officially” juice fasting.
What should I do first?
Purchase a quality juicing machine. Once you’ve done that, decide which fruits and vegetables you like, if any. If you’ve never eaten a lot of salads or fruit, head out to a local farmers market or grocery store and pick out a few to try. Buy organic, if you can at all. Why? Because non-organic produce is not only genetically altered most of the time, it’s grown in soil that’s full of pesticides, herbicides, and other harmful chemicals. You deserve organic, even if it costs extra.
Now, you have your juicer and your ingredients. Get busy juicing!
What happens to me when I start a juice fast?
Your digestive system takes a little rest on your juice fasting journey. While it’s resting, your body and mind undergo numerous changes.
Some (possible) positive aspects:
· previous injuries begin to heal
· your skin appears healthier (after the initial [possible] breakout from detoxing—see below)
· new tissue emerges
· your mind, memory, and eyesight experience precision and clarity
· organs rejuvenate and come alive again
· you sleep more soundly, rest better, and wake up more refreshed
· you may even find it is a spiritual journey as you discover that there’s a new sense of peace and calm being birthed from deep within you—a place you never even knew existed.
A few (possible) negative aspects:
· you might feel a little weak
· your skin might break out (i.e., pimples on your face or body)
· at times you could feel flu-like symptoms (i.e., achy all over)
· you may experience headache(s)
Note: Detoxification is the cause of the (possible) negative side-effects, as your body purges years of accumulated toxins. Toxins are found in some foods, drinks, clothes, bedding, and even the air—toxins are all around us. As your body expels these toxins, you’ll see and feel changes. Some notice symptoms such as these more than others; some don’t notice them at all. Everyone has a different experience with juice fasting, as we are each different and our bodies react in different ways. If you do notice, realize it’s a natural—and important—part of the process.
Juice Fasting Tips:
A juice fast is a rewarding, beneficial journey. Make your juice fasting experience a positive one by following these helpful tips.
· Focus your mind. Doing without food is a very mental and emotional thing to most people. Maybe you don’t feel food is an emotional problem for you, but it might seem different once you are only consuming raw juices—even for a few days.
· Tune in to your body. Not everyone is used to eating raw fruits and vegetables every day. So, you’ll need to tell your body what’s about to happen. Slowly cut back on processed foods and drinks while increasing your intake of raw foods. Begin eating more salad and raw fruit than you normally would. Let your body know what it’s in for.
· Why do you want to juice fast. Do you crave a serene experience? Are you fighting a disease? Do you just want to use juice fasting as a starting point for a healthier lifestyle from this point forward? Discover why you’re going to juice fast—and keep your eye on the prize during the worst moments.
· Start drinking raw juices now. There’s no need to wait to taste all those delicious, living foods. Start juicing raw fruits and veggies before you officially begin your juice fast. Juice fresh, raw orange or grapefruit juice to have with breakfast. Combine tomatoes, celery, carrots, etc., for a healthy lunch replacement, and see what you’ll be enjoying on your fast.
More about Juicing
Learn to take hold of your mental, emotional, and physical health on your juice fasting journey(s). It truly is a beautiful experience, and you’ll soon find that the positive far outweighs the negative.
Keep in mind this is merely an introduction to juice fasting. Several aspects of the juicing journey have been highlighted, but will be covered in-depth in upcoming articles.
These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. The preceding information and/or products are for educational purposes only and are not meant to diagnose, prescribe, or treat illness. Please consult your doctor before making any changes or before starting ANY exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using this information or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.
Copyright Michele L. Tune All Rights Reserved